Ang dating daan list of locales
Fray Simón de Alarcia built another church made of concrete and tile in 1854-1860, but it was destroyed by a strong earthquake in 1863.The present neo-classical church was built under Fray Antonio Redondo, who was assigned to Apalit from 1873 to 1886.
The first church and convento was constructed under the tenure of Fray Juan Cabello as parish priest from 1641 to 1645.
During the Spanish colonial era, Spanish friars shrewdly assigned the ownership of the town's patron saint to wealthy families, so that the former could be spared the expenses of its upkeep and annual fiesta. Custody of the image of Apung Iru has passed to the direct descendants of Don Pedro Armayan-Espíritu y Macam, who married three times: first to Doña Dorotea Arnedo; then Máxima Santa Rita; and finally Ysabel Dungo y Nocom.